Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#11: A Thing For Me - Metronomy

Before I begin, I'm going to put it out there: this song is average. It's not rap, it's not hiphop, it's not metal, it's not music that makes you deaf. It's freaky, bleepy electronica, and I find it an average song. So there.
The song is still well and truly worth a mention purely because of the video. OK, at first it looks like a really crappy karaoke song - even worse, if the band are there playing/singing, because I absolutely detest music videos that do all that boring crap - but hell, at ~0'15" things start taking an interesting turn, and ten seconds later comes the SHAZAM moment when you realise that this could be kinda cool. Even better is at ~0'40" when the puns start and ~1'30" when they get even better. This almost matches the Treadmill Video in terms of sheer brilliance. Almost. Except it doesn't. Because the Treadmill Video has a better song accompanying it. But not by much. It's like comparing a cocktail to an identical cocktail, except with an umbrella.

If you're looking for a better version of the song, try the Breakbot remix. If you're looking for a better video, try the original. Hell, I want to see the original video chopped and changed to fit in with the Breakbot remix. Somebody do it. I don't have the software, expertise, schedule, or motivation. I'm lazy. And I'll lazily move on to my next glow(er)ing review. (I'm currently aiming my gunsights at the Black Eyed Peas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment