Friday, September 30, 2011

#24: Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia

Sarah gave me this a while back. Bring the fuckers on. No mercy.
Right. I've bagged out David Guetta before in this blog and I'm sure as hell not going to let up now without a valid reason. So here goes. David Guetta's style of late is pandering to the lowest common denominator by combining semi-grungy house with generic progressive house and adding in a splash of the shittiest hiphop artists out there. So it would seem that this song is a little different because Sia is by no means hiphop. In fact, I do respect Sia. But I don't respect David Guetta any more and I certainly don't respect this song. It does, admittedly, rate higher than a lot of his other junk.

My main issue with this song is that it breaks down too fast and builds up too slow. Not only that, but it's repetitive without evolving. Sorry Sia, but even your voice gets on my nerves after a while, especially when it's the same thing over and over without any changes. Four minutes of annoyance without any letup is not, strictly speaking, fantastic. I do agree that it's not as grungy as LMFAO, as annoying as Kelly Rowland, or as trashy as Akon. ...Hey, there's an idea. Mr. Guetta, why don't you team up with all those guys and try and make them sound better OH WAIT YOU DID AND IT FAILED. Well, bugger that for an idea. Also bugger David Guetta for an idea. He has transformed nightclubs into something I don't like (oh wait, they were already pretty piss-poor). Well, he's transformed dancefloors into something I don't like (oh wait, I don't dance beyond the Nutbush). Well, um, he's transformed parties into something I don't like (oh wait, I barely party as is). Well... shut up. As long as I don't hear any more David Guetta from down the hall in my dorm I'll be OK. I'mma go listen to some Booka Shade now.

No comments:

Post a Comment