Sunday, July 10, 2011

#6: I Feel Something (Two Fresh rmx) - Q45 & Kato ft. Miss Purple


First of all, what the hell is "clubstep"? Sounds like a big attempt to justify the existence of dubstep by making it sound clubby and housy and making it look like the stuff actually belongs somewhere. That's not to say that this song isn't cool, in its own way. In fact, I fell in love with it because of its really really unique sound starting at ~1'13" and the fact that it sounds like a rainy day from ~3'12" to ~3'26". OK, so it doesn't. But to me it does. I enjoy it because it puts me in a rainy mood and hell, why not. Especially if you associate it with a rainy day. It's a well-known fact that rain accentuates music and... well, hell, just makes it so much more awesome. If you're short on tracks for rainy moods grab this one. Or Love On A Real Train. I'll have a looksee at Love On A Real Train real soon.

Back to this one: it's cute. Maybe not good for dubstep but it's good in its own right and I'll give it points for that. In fact, I hereby decree that every song featured here in this blog - past, present and future - nets the artists and behind-the-scenes guys 100 CJ-points. (One hundred CJ-points, by the way, are worth one Zimbabwe dollar. One old Zimbabwe dollar, that is. They're collector's items these days, I hear. Or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment