Friday, October 28, 2011

#28: Best Party Ever (Flight Facilities rmx) - Toecutter

First, let's clear up any and all preconceptions about the original version of this song. I reckon Corey Worthington is the kind of guy who gets wasted on Heinekens and Jäger Bombs, with his collar popped after getting a new haircut. In other words, a total douche. So, when I heard the Shazam version of this song - first, before the original - I had no idea that Toecutter had sampled the most infamous interview I've heard in a long time.

So. I'm posting this version because I like the Shazam version, was going to play it briefly on YouTube, and didn't find it but found the Flight Facilities version instead. I think I like Flight Facilities' style. It's a nice contemporary disco style, and as I've mentioned before I think it's what's going to bring disco into the 2010s. Hopefully. So what if it's sampling another ridiculously old song? It's a pretty sweet song and one that has been ridiculously underrated. But in any case. The original is pretty cool too, short of the samples of Corey and what's-her-name off of Channel 9 giving each other hell. I enjoy the song itself. Even better, the Shazam remix - which I can't find easily on the YouTubes - doesn't mention either of them. Which I appreciate. A lot. It's like both Shazam and Flight Facilities both killed the worst elements of the original and made something... awesome. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment